Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Thank You Card...

This was a card I made a few days ago. When I started out I didn't know what I was going to make. I had taken out the Cricut "Tie the Knot" cartridge to do a My Pink Stamper Challenge about Birds, and then didn't do it...LOL.  So I thought I should use the cartridge since I'd taken it out days earlier after digging through everything looking for the perfect birds. Since the bird idea had "flown out the window", I saw this cute flower and thought "I need those" ( I say this about many things!!!).

I used all 4 layer options, black on the shadow blackout, white for the shadow, pink for the flower and green for the leaves. I put all the layers together using Beacon's 3 in 1 Advanced Craft Glue which I have to say I LOVED. I was taken back at first by the strong scent of the glue- but quickly saw how great it works!

This is again a Standard A2 card from a chain craft store, the pink paper is cut at a 1/4 inch smaller than the card base and was embossed with the Sizzix Texture Boutique and a Sizzix folder from the Damask set I think---the folders themselves really should be labeled with their correct names! It would make it so much easier- guess I'll have to lable mine from now on.  :-)

The White middle section is 2 inches wide and 3 3/4 inches long. Both the white piece and the pink backround have the edges chalked with black chalk ink from Creative Memories. I just wanted to give it a little more demension.


To add another touch of demension, I added a strip of black velet ribbon across the card.
The Stamp is actually from a Fiskars set I scored at Joann's for a crazy cheap price!  It was in their clearance section for....wait for it.....$1.97!!!!!!  Original price.....$15!!!  That night I also got 2 sets of Inkadinkado stamps for 97 Cents Each! Those should have been $10 each! So a whopping $4 for what should have been $35 dollars in stamps.  I think thats my best haul yet!


Hope you like it!  Im really happy with it, especially since I didnt know what I was going to make when I started out.

I love reading everyone's comments...so if you were here, drop a line and say Hi!

Tomorrow is Wednesday- 1/2 way through the work week for most of us. Hope your week is going well!

PS- I actually made 5 of these cards, but only stamped one. Since its a card I can use for many different things, I can stamp them as I need one, that way the sentiment will be just right for the situation!




2 comments:

  1. Loved this when I saw it ... I'm thinking it would make a cute invitation for a summer get together? even make it post card style and write info on the back? Hmmmm, I'm getting an idea! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that flower from tie the knot? cool. this is why i like visiting blogs. you find things you did not know they were there, :P very pretty flower indeed and it looks beautiful on your card. it looks like a hibiscus, right?

    ReplyDelete