Sunday, March 6, 2011

St Patrick's Day Cards...

These are some of the St Patrick's Day cards I made...it was an adventure getting to the final product with these cards! I tried a few new things along the way, so they took a little extra time in design and a lot of trial and error too!

These are standard A2 size white card that were bought from a craft store chain.
The green paper is Core'dinations paper that was cut 1/4 inch smaller than the A2 card, put through the Texture Boutique with the Cuttlebug embossing folder "Pebbles". Once ebmossed, I sanding the raised sides to reveal the lighter green core color of the paper. And then of couse I used the corner rounder.


The Shamrocks were cut from Designers Calendar Cricut Cartridge (using Meg's Gypsy since at this point I hadnt caved and bought one yet---I have since then, and it should be here this week!).  I used the rounded feature cut and the regular cut and they are cut at 3 inches (I believe). Before I applied them to the card, I sprayed them with some Gold Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, and put pop dots on the back of them.

The Happy St Patrick's Day banner was done with a cut from the Cricut Sampler Cartridge, stamped with a stamp from the dollar section of a chain craft store, and when dry, it was chalked with 2 tones of green.


I stamped the outside front of the envelope with another stamp from the same dollar section of the store...I find some really great things in the dollar section- anyone else????



Over all, Im pretty happy.  Originally, the green embossed papers had ripped edges, but I wasn't really enjoying the way they looked. Anyone have any tips on ripping paper?  I would LOVE to hear them....I really want to try it more....but I never like the way it looks.....



Hope everyone is having fun gearing up for St Patrick's Day....after all, everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day!  We will be sporting our Irishness at our local Parade- one of the best in the country....Can't wait!

 

1 comment: