Dragonflies remind me of spring, and summer too (we often see many of them up at the lake house we rent). The colors in this card, shades of pink and green, also remind many people of Spring.
Here's how I did it:
- This is a 5x5 inch white card base that I rounded the corners on.
- 3 1/2 inch Dragonfly base and layers from the Circut CM exclusive Cheerful Seasons Cartridge. I used 3 shades of purple. Darkest for the base, next lightest for the overlay, and lightest purple for the top wing layer. I chose not to use the layer on the bottom wings. I used a light grey/light purple paper for the body of the dragonfly.
- After I layered it all up, I used my I-Rock to set 6 crystals in the wings and then applied a million (ok 8) pop-dots to the back (they were smaller ones!)
- I then layered a 5x5 piece of light pink paper with rounded corners, and a 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 piece of patterned green paper, also corner rounded, together and wrapped the double layer of ribbon around it, securing it to the back, and then to the card base.
- After putting on the dragonfly I left like it needed just a little something more so I took out 2 white paper flowers, chalked them in shades of purple, and applied them to the card, with an I-Rock stone in the middle.
I love when people leave comments, so let me know you were here!!!