Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Inspiration Station Challenges: PART 2!!

On to the afternoon challenges!  I have to say, I've never done an online crop or contest before but this was so much fun! Meg and I had a blast - while we were doing the challenges we weren't together, we were both snowed in at home! A few text messages, some calls and a lot of fun!

2 PM Challenge: Lets here it for the boys!  Cards or Pages for our about the Boys in our lives

This is a card that I made, maybe I'll give it to Stan for Valentine's Day...its a black card stock base that was not pre-packaged! LOL. I used Cricut's Graphically Speaking Cartridge with some silver foil paper and some card stock that is a light purple color.

3 PM Challenge: Birthdays!

Of all the cards I made during these challenges, and possibly all the ones I have ever made, this Birthday Card is my FAVORITE! I'm just loving it!  A 5x5 inch white stock card with rounded corners and a pink patterned paper overlay. "It's a Party" from the Cricut Sampler Cartridge with custom layers. You can not get just the balloon without the A in it so I added a small pink square of paper between the 2 layers. "Happy Birthday is spelt out in stickers that I have had forever and a day (so proud that I used them finally!).  The rhinestone stars are something I found one day at Michael's I think. They are clustered together into one sticker so you just peel off the whole cluster and place it.  The 8 other small stars were off one strip of stars that were hooked together in a straight line. I just plucked them apart.  I honestly wasn't sure I would be able to part with this card- but I did!  Not before I took several pictures though!

4 PM Challenge: Tea, Coffee or a Card you would give a Grandmother

At this point I needed some tea or coffee myself!  This was a very creatively busy day!
Everyone has a collection of mugs from a million different places right? So I made an "Inspiration Station" Mug for Debby as a little "Thanks" for a super fun day!

5  PM Challenge: Happy Hour!

Just another crazy night at the Legion!

6 PM Challenge: Get Caught up and Cleaned up! Thank goodness for a little break!  :)

7 PM Challenge: Love in a card or a Layout.
Look Familiar? And YES- I am still waiting for My Pink Stamper Stamps to arrive! According to the shipping notice from Custom Crops they should be here Tuesday!  I can't take it!  I don't want to wait any longer!  I am too excited for them!

8 PM Challenge: SNOW

This is the polar bear I first cut a few nights ago, but he was larger than I wanted at that moment. So I saved him and recycled him to this snow project.  This is another DCWV A2 card with a K & Company snowflake with rhinestone accent. The bow I'm pretty proud of. I've been trying to perfect my "flat knots" and so far this one was the best! This card is Vegas bound this weekend....hope he doesn't melt on the way! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.....and 8 PM brought us the last challenge to a super fun filled day!  Meg and I hit the road Saturday morning and headed down to The Inspiration Station for some new goodies and to pick up our prizes! Debby annoucned at 9:30 Wednesday night that she would have a prize for all of us the next time we were in the store! If you are in the area- or even if you aren't- I would suggest a trip to The Inspiration Station. Great products, great selection, and AWESOME Customer Service and support.

Be sure to watch both my Blog and Megs Blog, Crafting With Meg, to see what we make with our new supplies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment